Tuesday, June 30, 2009

TEN!



We hit 10 months of waiting, TEN months! Honestly it seems much longer than that. I think I have become more and more impatient as the months roll by. I know it is all up to a much greater power than myself and it will all come to be as it is supposed to, I sometimes just have to tell myself that over and over again to get through the day!

Thank goodness I have such a wonderfully supportive family as they have all listened to me multiple times and sorry family it doesn't look like it is going to end anytime soon :) My sister in law Rebekah really helped me put things into perspective last week when I was having a particularly hard day dealing with the emotions of waiting. She said you know if you weren't upset I would actually be worried that this may not be the right thing for you and your family, but your emotions just show how invested you are and how much you want this baby to come into your family. She was right, all four of us talk about her constantly, she is a part of our every day and we include her in our future plans. We miss her and long to know who she is, what she looks like, to hug her and kiss her, hold her hand and list goes on and on!

So for now we will continue on making great memories as a family of four and look forward to the day when we can be making sweet memories as a family of five!
Signature

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi waiting buddy! I was doing much better with the wait before I found out our place in line.... I think it becomes much more difficult when you know how close you are. I hope you see Sadie very soon!

JoJo said...

We got our referral a few weeks after we hit 10 months of waiting. I hope the same is true for you!!

Katie W. said...

You are now 10 months closer to your daughter! At the end of our wait (we waited 2 days shy of 1 year for Opal's referral), I kept on trying to tell myself how lucky I was to be so high up on the list. When we were #3 on the list, I would remind myself where I was on the list 10 months ago and how I would have given anything at that point to be #3. It made me feel better. I hope that makes sense!

Shannon said...

We've only been waiting one month, and I'm already going crazy! Like Katie said, I'd give anything to be in your shoes right now. ;) Hope you get your referral for Miss Sadie soon!

Megan said...

Audrey, I agree, knowing where you are in line sometimes makes it harder, there is definitely good and bad to the tracking list! Thanks for the words of encouragement ladies! You are right 10 months closer is a great place to be, and I am determined to have a more positive 11th month, each day that passes brings me that much closer!

Hang in there Shannon, at least we are in great company to be going through all of this together!